Monday, May 19, 2014

Chili and Cherry Tomato plant update

Remember when we last saw my chili and tomato plant?

Chili plant

Cherry Tomato plant
Can't believe how tall it grew! I had little hopes for these plants to survive as they were being attacked by an uncontrollable spread of mealy bugs but I guess my husband did a very good job maintaining their weekly pesticide application. I'm not really sure how old are my chilies but a few flowers have already bloomed but faded very quickly and fell off. It sure grew a lot since the last time I saw it though!
 My tomato plant is about 3 months old by now, about 1.20 m tall and was transplanted to a bigger vase. As per the backside of its seed packet It should have reached It's maturity age. Now, whether I'm correct, I'm not so sure but I'll monitor more closely for those first flowers to bloom and hopefully pollination can occur.



No comments:

Post a Comment