Monday, May 19, 2014

Hands back on work!

Hi guys! It's good to be back from a wonderful vacation from Macau and Hong Kong. It's been a one month holiday and I enjoyed it so much as I got to see old friends and family members :)
I missed home so badly, specially my plants as couldn't stop thinking about my little seedlings under the care of my husband lol! So I got bad news and good news. The bad news is that my Dahlia and Cosmos plants have died as well as other seeds that did not germinated :( I have no idea how it happened... maybe It was too much water, fertilizer, not enough sun, too much pesticide, it didn't get used to outdoor environment, etc.
 So much questions yet to be answered but the good news is that my only young plant survivor is the Zinnia Lilliput. Most of it have died so it left with 2 strong little plants which grew taller and with new leaves.


Zinnia Lilliput young plant

These are my Zinnias on their 54th day of life. Seems pretty small and young but I have no idea how they are supposed to look like by now so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they'll stay strong and survive. In 2 to 4 weeks ( approx. mid June) is the estimated flowering period for this little plants but i'm so doubtful as their stems are still so thin. Anyone to share experiences?

As many of my seeds unsuccessfully did not germinated, I will sow them once again in these coming days and monitor it more carefully. 

Till next drama episode!


No comments:

Post a Comment