Tuesday, May 20, 2014

First flower buds...

Horray! My cherry tomato plant has finally produced Its first tiny flower buds!


I'm happy how my tomato plant have come so far despite all the drama with pests and fungi that nearly killed it. 
Sometimes, I envy how florists and other gardeners do to maintain such beautiful flowers and vegetables with no problem. They seem so healthy and strong and sometimes they describe some seeds as "easy plants to grow for beginners" How do you describe "easy"? .... Well, I don't find it easy at all to grow plants, specially flowers. 
Everything is just so confusing with all the internet information and with so much contradictions. Everyone has their own opinion of how to grow seeds, so I guess It's just going with your own instincts, learning from your own failures and successes and keep track of what you do.    

I sowed these seeds yesterday afternoon.



I planted various seeds which previously did not germinate such as Phlox and Dahlia Redskin. I made a new batch of Cosmos and sowed Cactus seeds, Curled Parsley and Sweet Marjoram for the first time. It's a sit and wait game from now on as I'm using a new type of soil that was recommended by staff from the local nursery shop which is a type of a volcanic potting mix with peat and coco peat base that has good drainage.
How true or good it is, I don't know so lets wait what the seeds will say...











No comments:

Post a Comment