Monday, March 17, 2014

Hi! Thank you for stopping by!

Hello there! Welcome to my little world where you will discover so much of my passions. But primarily purpose of this blog is to share my new experience with gardening living in a flat. Here, I will post my progresses of my growing seeds, share ideas, tips and hints and show you that it is possible to grow a small part of nature inside your home.
It's a whole new experience to me as I know nothing about gardening. I first started growing my own seeds not long ago but I found it so interesting and got immediately fascinated about the whole process from seed to plant. So from there, I decided to record it on a blog to simply see how this exciting gardening journey will turn up.
I live among people who simply shares a passion for gardening. I think what inspired me the most to start gardening is because of my Dad. He loves growing his own vegetables in his small rented garden back in Portugal where he would spend all weekends there, sowing and tending plants, watering endless rows of vegetables and coming home extremely exhausted. I used to hate it there due to the stinky cow poo he used as fertilizers, but at the end of the day of hard work he would come back home with freshly organic veggies and fruits. And I miss those days. How I wish I could turn back time and learn this skill way back where we had a garden to do so. 
Now my Dad lives in a apartment, on the 19th floor, with a confined balcony like mine but it didn't stop him from growing his own veggies! He now has around 10 pots filled with herbs, chilies and some greens. And I'm about to follow his footsteps! 

Apart from blogging about gardening, I will share other of my passions or anything that can be helpful. Like I said, this is my little world and you are welcome to be apart of my new journey where we all can share ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment