Thursday, March 27, 2014

Germination of Zinnias and Dahlias

I'm so overjoyed! My little Zinnia and Dahlia seeds are now little seedlings! They germinated very very fast and I wasn't expecting them to germinate not until next week. Oh the joys of gardening!


Look at those little sprouts <3 These are the Zinnia seedlings that germinated in 3-4 days. Next to it are the Dahlias but Its still very small. Tomorrow, or next week, my carnation seeds should be starting to germinate but I don't see any signs of anything poping out yet. I used different soil for the carnation and zinnia so I will have to monitor that or maybe change the carnation soil in the future.
I cut the Zinnia pots and place them inside my little green house in the living room to get sunlight during morning hours and to protect my hungry cat from eating it!

My cherry tomato plant is not really getting any better. Last 2 days I ventured out and tried the home-remedy for my tomato plant by rubbing alcohol on the mealybugs which It said that It would suffocate the bugs. Today I found my tomato plant leaves are suffering from fungi disease (You can tell by the brown spots on the leaves)! I don't know If it was caused by the alcohol or watering the leaves but all I know is that my tomato plant is dying! Guess I have to stop again at the flower shop and get a fungicide while its too late.

Anyone with a similar story? Please share your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment