Thursday, March 27, 2014

Portulaca and Dahlia seedlings

My little Portulacas (left) and Dahlias (right) are "hatching" and soon, when they get a bit bigger, I'll place them in the greenhouse together with my Zinnias to get a little sunshine. I'm getting really surprised that my little seeds are all germinating really fast than expected.


At first, I thought the Portulaca seedlings were the just invasive little plants that came together with the soil. I noticed It yesterday when they started to come out, but today, after giving a closer look, I saw the seed casing attached to the little plants tip! I'm so surprised how tiny the Portulaca seedlings are and yet to be strong plants when they are mature in just approx. 6 weeks.

Closer look at the Portulaca seedlings. About 5 mm tall.
Dahlia germinating. Seed casing still attached to the plant.
My Carnations and Phlox are not showing any signs of germination at all but I'll give them a little more time before I start to sow a second batch of them with the same soil as the others that germinated.
As for my tomato plant, well the bottom leaves are all dying due to the fungus but the top leaves are still nice and healthy. The local florist and nursery is still far away from where I live so I will have to wait for my husband to come back home from his holiday so that he can give me a ride. Hopefully I would still have time to save it. 

*These seeds are from the Horti brand and It costed 1.69$ each packet*




No comments:

Post a Comment