Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sowing Carnation and Phlox seeds: First attempt

Today is my first attempt to sow carnation and phlox flowers and I'm really excited to see the first tiny plants come out.

I bought these seeds in Giants hypermarket at Vivocity for 1.69$ each packet from the Horti brand, then lightly sow them in a potting mix soil that I bought at a local florist shop. The carnation seeds will germinate, hopefully, in 10-14 days and the phlox in approx 14 days. I lightly water them using a gentle spray twice a day leaving the soil damp and not entirely wet then I leave them to rest on my windowsill where not much of direct sunlight but has warmth.

I think I'm safe If I follow all of the instructions! Let's finger-cross!

I might pass by Giants again to buy other types of flowers since I have so much empty pots and soil at home.


Rest them on 10cm pots

Here are the seedlings of the cosmos flower I planted last week! Aren't they cute? First attempt to seed them as well and pretty happy that they germinated in just a few days! Hopefully they'll grow into beautiful strong plants in the following days! I placed them outdoors in my corridor after they have germinated to catch up with the beautiful sunshine in the early morning.

                                            
A close up look at the cosmos seedlings
I know little about these beautiful flowers but what I do know is that these flowers are easy to grow and requires minimum care since it can adapt to tropical weathers. 

Can't wait for what the next days will bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment